1. What does this Policy Cover?
- This policy:
- sets out the principles that Unison follows when processing Personal Data; and
- describes other important topics relating to an individual’s right to privacy.
By purchasing goods from Unison, communicating with Unison through email, by telephone, in writing or by using any of Unison’s other services, including Unison’s website, or by providing Personal Data to Unison, Philippine law allows the limited processing of personal information, to be done in the manner described herein. You also expressly give your consent to the limited processing of your sensitive personal information, also to be done in the manner described herein.
2. Collection Use and Storage of Personal Data
- The types of Personal Data that Unison may collect from individuals will depend upon the particular transaction. The Personal Data collected by Unison may include but is not limited to the following:
- Name, title, address;
- Personal identification and/or passport number;
- Telephone number;
- Email address and online passwords;
- Records of communications with Unison;
- Responses to market surveys and contests conducted by Unisonor on Unison’s behalf;
- Credit card or debit card information;
- Camera or video footage that identifies individuals (including CCTV footage) installed at some parts of Unison’s premises as part of its security infrastructure;
- Username, password and other identifiers when you register at Unison’s website;
- (b) Collection, Purpose of Collection and Processing of Personal Data
- Personal Data will, generally, only be collected and used for the primary purposes of:
- Communicating with employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, agents or any other individuals;
- Conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship and/or for employment purposes;
- General HR administration and information required for the management of the employment relationship;
- Processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- Identifying and verifying individuals that have been supplied with any Unison services or products;
- Administering customer orders or managing projects;
- Responding to an individual’s queries;
- Administering contests or market surveys conducted by Unison or on Unison’s behalf
- Marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers)
- Processing your purchase, application, inquiry or request;
- Ensuring IT security and resource management;
- Ensuring site security;
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations of regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
- Administrative purposes such as billing, payment and debt collection;
- Responding to any claim and/or legal process;
- Improving Unison’s website.
- Unison discloses Personal Data:
- For the primary purpose for which it was collected; or
- For purposes that a reasonable person will consider appropriate in the circumstances; or
- Where the individual has consented; or
- For direct marketing by Unison where consent has been given, but individuals will be given the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing. Unison includes its contact details in any direct marketing; or
- Where permitted by the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or other applicable law or if required by law;
- To Unison’s parent, related, affiliate and/or associate company;
- In any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings, legal firms and/or advisors, debt collection agencies, credit reporting agencies and/or credit providers;
- To any payment agencies including, but not limited to, financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit, and facilitating payment;
- Regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
- Third party service providers, consultants, insurers, underwriters, auditors and advisors as well as their respective agents and/or contractors on a need to know basis; and
- Any actual or potential assignee, transferee or acquirer of any of Unison’s business in connection with any corporate exercise.
4. Consent and Limiting the Use and Process of your Personal Data
- You may choose whether or not to provide your Personal Data, and, if already provided, may choose to exercise your right to object, block, or remove such Personal Data as provided for under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
- If you would like to exercise your right to object, block, or remove your consent, kindly write to Unison at the address stated in paragraph 9 below. In this respect, Unison may not be able to provide you with the services requested by yourself beyond the performance of contracts between you and Unison.When you object, block or remove your consent, Unison shall no longer process your Personal Data, unless:
- The Personal Data is needed pursuant to a subpoena;
- The Processing is for obvious purposes, including, when it is necessary for the performance of or in relation to a contract or service to which you are a party,
- or when necessary or desirable in the context of an employer-employee relationship between you and Unison; or
- The Personal Data is being collected and processed to comply with a legal obligation.
5. Access, Rectification or Updating your Personal Data
- In ensuring that the Personal Data provided is processed accurately, you represent that any Personal Data that you submit is accurate and complete. Kindly update your Personal Data from time to time to ensure that the same is accurate.To request access or if you have any inquiries, or wish to exercise your right to rectification, or right to file a complaint regarding your Personal Data submitted to Unison previously, kindly write to Unison at the address stated in paragraph 9 below. In doing so, kindly provide sufficient information to enable Unison to verify your identity. You may also be charged with a reasonable fee for the processing of your request; unless and until such a fee is received by Unison, it will not be able to process your said request. Unison may on receipt of your request, either comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Data, which shall be done only on grounds provided for under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. In any event, Unison shall state the action taken and the reasons therefor in its reply to you.
6. Anonymity when dealing with Unison
- Unison gives individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, where practicable.
7. Cross Border Disclosure
- Any Personal Data provided to Unison may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient. For example, Unison may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your Personal Data.Your Personal Data may also be processed by employees or by other third parties operating outside of the Philippines, who works for Unison, or by the representatives and employees of Unison’s parent company and its affiliates.
8. Other Important Information
9. Further Information
- Name of Company: Unison Computer Systems, Inc.
- Address: #120 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue corner Ortigas Extension Avenue, Barangay Ugong, Pasig City
- Contact Number: (+632) 631-5581
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org